ForgottenColors

ForgottenColors

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Shopping for Monsters

Hey there, pic junkies. What up.

I was bored yesterday, and decided to Google search alleged monster sightings. I love looking at these photoshopped pics of the Loch Ness monster, or the Mothman. I'm a sucker for urban legends, and the respective so called “evidence.” Oh man, some of these jobs are really unconvincing, too.



See some of my favorites after the jump.

Mothman
Alleged Wendigo sighting

Bigfoot. Can't Leave him out of this post!
Good 'ol Nessie
Bigfoot riding the Loch Ness Monster


Flying Spaghetti Monster cloud
Feeling inspired, I decided to try my hand at making my own creepy photo. I can proudly say that I'm fucking terrible at it. But, I'm still learning how to use this new version of Photoshop (CS7 I think it is?). Actually, I've used Photoshop before, but the interface is all wonky on my version. I have to tinker with it to look like the way I'm used to.


Speaking of monsters, I still haven't watched any of those monster/horror movies my film teacher gave me. I can't look at the covers without being a wimp, and pussying out. Plus, the only time I would have to watch them is at night, when I get home.


NOPE NOPE NOPE.


As a result, they're getting filed away into my current movie collection until I can watch them proper – with the right atmosphere, enough time, and without worry of homework. And maybe some people. Yeah, people would be nice.


Oh! I forgot! The reason I brought up the fake monster pics is because I've been assigned a project for school that got my curiosity going. The topic is “Myths and Legends” and my group got the “Cryptids” category. So monsters. Creatures. Faeries. Abominations. OH YEAH. THIS IS GONNA BE FUN. One particular (and apparently rather new) urban legend has caught my eye, and I definitely can't wait to put it in the research and show it to the class – and scare the crap out of them (:


So yeah.


I'm gonna leave you guys with some photos I took while out in the desert, as well as a couple I've found just lying around on my laptop.





And as always, thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment